The Helping Hand Grant Program provides grants to families and individuals in-need to attend the Annual Family Conference. Our goal is to help as many families as possible. Please only request what is needed to make your attendance possible so we can help as many families as possible. Note: Travel is not covered.
Grant funds are only available for to cover conference registration and hotel during the conference; they may not be used for additional nights at the hotel. Travel will not be covered in 2018 due to the anticipated increase in requests this year. All Helping Hand Grant recipients are asked to fully participate in conference sessions.
There are three ways to receive a Helping Hand Grant:
1. Receive ONE FREE conference registration (value $320) by selling 64 raffle tickets. Only $10 for 6 chances to win a free NTSAD t-shirt and a cash prize of $1,000, $500 or $250! You can share this link here with your friends and family to make selling tickets easier!
2. We ask families and individuals fundraising for Helping Hand Grant Raffles to send what you raised as of December 31, 2017 to NTSAD no later than January 2, 2018.
3. Helping Hand Grant applications MUST also be submitted no later than January 1, 2018. Awards will be made by the end of January 2018. Only requests from newly diagnosed or newly bereaved families will be considered after January 31, 2018. Application can be downloaded here.
Please keep in mind the following criteria:
ALL families are eligible to receive a Helping Hand Grant based on the limited availability of funds.
What are the application funding limits?
Newly diagnosed families/individuals attending for their first time: $1200 Family/$600 Individual
Newly bereaved families attending for the first time since their loved one’s passing: $1200
Consecutively attending families/individuals applying for their first grant: $1000 Family/$500 Individual
Consecutively attending families/individuals applying for consecutive grants: $800 Family/$400 Individual
The following priorities are taken into consideration with each application, in the following order:
1) Limited to immediate family members and/or primary caregivers of the affected only.
2) Newly diagnosed families and individuals that have connected with NTSAD since the last Conference;
3) Families and individuals who are newly bereaved and grieving within the past year;
4) Families and individuals who have not previously attended an annual conference;
5) Families and individuals who actively raise funds for the Helping Hand Grant and NTSAD programs;
6) Families and individuals who are actively engaged as NTSAD community members.
7) Families and individuals that have received a grant for three years in a row will not be eligible for a grant the following year unless they become newly bereaved that year.