Development and Communications Associate
National Tay-Sachs & Allied Diseases Association (NTSAD), a family-focused patient advocacy organization, seeks a key member of the team to support the Director of Development and Communications and senior leadership in raising awareness and $1.2 million annually in support of families and individuals affected by Tay-Sachs, Canavan, GM1 and Sandhoff. This is a unique time in NTSAD’s history as a new five-year strategic plan outlines plans for growth as clinical trials begin for the first time ever for these four diseases.
The Development and Communications Associate will join the four-person staff and very active Board and volunteer corps in a fast-paced office in a variety of efforts. The primary responsibilities include donor and gift management as well as communications, event, and administrative support.
Qualities and Experience Required
The ideal candidate will have experience in successfully performing administrative tasks and projects, ideally in a non-profit organization. The Development and Communications Associate is responsible for the administration of correspondence, communications, and materials in conjunction with donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts and manages operational systems in support of those efforts. S/he/they will be highly organized, detail-oriented, and flexible. We are seeking an individual who has initiative, and can work independently while supporting a collaborative, fast-paced office.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, the Development and Communications Associate will coordinate an array of tasks and projects, including gift entry, financial reporting, coordinating appeals and e-newsletters, supporting organization events and family-driven fundraisers, and other related duties.
- Support the Director of Development and Communications, Executive Director, and Director of Family Services in fundraising and communications efforts.
- Maintain all donor data and gift entry and processing into Donor Perfect fundraising software (training available), including gifts made via other online giving sites or in tribute, ensuring consistency and reliability and overseeing the accuracy of all donor records.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence in a timely manner and with attention to detail.
- Work with Director of Development and Communications in the creation of fall and spring appeals, annual report, and ongoing communications, including e-newsletters (using Constant Contact), appeals, event invitations, and annual report.
- Update website and support social media efforts.
- Manage reports, queries, and donor lists and contact information for communications and solicitations.
- Assist in carrying out individual giving campaigns, including research, creating materials needed for donor solicitations including letters, electronic presentations, informational packets.
- Respond to external and internal inquiries via phone and email.
- Support the Director of Development and Communications, families, and other third-parties with fundraising events in meeting logistics and event implementation.
- Assist with event coordination, including logistics support, auction coordination, attendee management, registration and follow-up. Events include: Imagine and Believe annual gala, family events, and regional events.
Experience and Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree, preferred.
- Office and database management experience.
- Experience in working in non-profit organization, fundraising, volunteer management, and event planning.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and preference for Donor Perfect or other donor management software experience.
- Strong digital media skills, updating websites, using social media and Constant Contact.
National Tay-Sachs & Allied Diseases Association (NTSAD) is the nation’s longest-standing, rare disease advocacy organization, founded in 1957. NTSAD leads the worldwide fight to treat and cure Tay-Sachs, Canavan, GM1, and Sandhoff diseases by driving research, forging collaboration, and fostering community. Supporting families is the center of everything we do.
More information about NTSAD and Tay-Sachs, GM-1, Canavan, Sandhoff is available at https://www.ntsad.org.
Interviews may be conducted via video conferencing or in-person.
NTSAD is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: $40,000.00-$45,000 /year depending on experience.
NTSAD offers a competitive benefits package, including generous vacation time, health, dental, and retirement.
Full-time position: Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Office located in Cleveland Circle, Boston. Ability to work remotely part-time during Covid-19 a plus. Some late evenings and weekends leading up to two major events a year.