Leading the worldwide fight to treat and cure Tay-Sachs, Canavan, GM1 and Sandhoff diseases
Imagine & Believe
Join industry leaders and supporters in honoring NTSAD families everywhere during our live, virtual Imagine & Believe event on November 10th, 4:30-5:30 p.m. EST. Free to attend. Register now. Donations welcome.
NTSAD - If I already have a healthy child, do I still need to have carrier screening?
Category: General Topics
Yes. If you and your partner are carriers for the same recessive disease, there is a 25% chance with each pregnancy that your child will be affected with the disease as well as a 75% chance of having an unaffected child. Two carrier parents could have several healthy children before having an affected child.